Leh Ladakh India Tourist places
Leh is the capital of Ladakh and also the heart city of Leh district. Leh is located in the Indus River Valley. This place is located in the state of Jammu & Kashmir, India. There are many places in and around Leh where you can visit and explore tohave a real experience of travelling.In Leh itself you can pay visit to Leh Palace. Dominating the Leh town, Singee Palace is the beautiful monument built in 17th century. The other place to see here is Shanti Stupa. This place is also known as Japanese Stupa which was made for world peace, sets picturesquely on the hilltop above the Leh. Hall of fame is aglorious museum constructed by the Indian Army is in one of the best places to visit in Leh. In this museum you can see biographies of eminent defence personalities, images and weapons used during Kargil War. Apart from that there are manyplaces to visit around Leh. Let’s take a quick look on these places:
1. Hemis Gonpa & Thiksey Gonpa: Hemis Gonpa is considered as the largest and richest monastery in Ladakh and its very much famous monastery in India. Thiksey Gonpa is famous for its three storey Maitriya Buddha’s statue and the beautiful view of the Gonpa that just looks like Potala Palace of LhasainTibet.
2. Stock Palace & Museum: After the Ladakh lost to Zorawar Singh, Stok Palace was constructed in 19th century. Stok Palace hasmuseum of Royal dresses, Thankas and Kings Throne.
3. Shey Palace:This palace is just 15 km away from Leh. Shey was the seat of power of the King of Ladakh. The must see attraction in this place is three storey statue of Shakyamuni Buddha which is only of its kind in this region.
4. NubraValley: This valley is situated onPakistanborder across Khardongla Pass which is 18,380 feet high and this is the highest motorable road in the world.
6. Changthang: This place is famous forTsomoririLakewhich is located 240km from Leh. TheTsomoririLakeis around 28 km long and 8 km wide atan altitude of 14,000 feet. Many species of migrated birds like Brahmini and Rudy Shelduck can be found here.
7. Pamgong: Situated at an altitude of 14,000 feet above the sea level, this place is located 140 km away from Leh. The Pangong Lakeif 71 km long but only 15km of the Lake is in India and rest of the Lake falls in the share of China.
8. Kargil: This place is the headquarter of the district of Kargil and meeting point betweenSrinagar, Leh, Kargil and Zanskar with almost equal distances from all the sides. Kargil became famous after the India & Pakistan war which is also known as Kargil War.
9. Drass and Suru Valley: Drass is the second coldest place in Earth and it is located on Leh-Srinagar highway. A magnificent view of Tiger Hill can been joyed from the main road.SuruValleyis the lush green valley on the way to Zanskar and it is famous for the closer view of Nun Kun glacier peaks and giant rock carved statue of Buddha.
10. Zanskar: It is the most isolated region of Ladakh and it is 430 km away from Leh. This place is famous for the large number of Buddhist monasteries with beautiful sights and views.