Thinking about beaches gives a tinkling in mind; the feeling of cool breeze gives placid feeling and the softness of sands make you cozy and comfortable. To enjoy all these you need to be on beach and Kerala is will know for its exotic and beautiful and most charming beaches of world which are spotted in 550 km long shoreline. I am gonna take you to the top five beaches in Kerala where a person can really enjoy and have some beautiful and peaceful time. Here we go:
- Kovalam Beach: This beach is one of the exotic beaches inIndia and it is in internationally renowned beach that has been the favorite of Europeans for a long time. One of the favourite of the Kerala Beaches, Kovalam means a grove of coconut and true to its name the extended grove of coconut trees with the reclusive palm fringed bays promises a peaceful and relaxing stay here that makes this place special. This beach is known for several relaxation options like sunbathing, catamaran cruising and herbal body toning massage.
Nearest Airport/Railway:TrivendrumInternationalAirport(16km)/ Trivendrum Railway Station (13 km)
- Alappuzha Beach: This beach is located in the district of Alappuzha and it is popularly known as the Venice of the East. Alappuzha beach is a place of awe-inspiring natural beauty withArabian Sea on the west along with the monolithic network of lagoons, lakes and fresh water rivers crossing it. This beach is also famous for its boat races, household holidays, beaches and marine products. In this backwater region you can find several species of birds and animals.
Nearest Airport/Railway: Kochi Internationa lAirport(85 km)/ Alappuzha Railway Station (5 km)
- Kappad Beach: The great sailor Vasco De Gama landed on this beach first when he came toIndia. This beach is situated nearKozhikode. Locally known as Kappakadavu, this seashore is scattered with country fishing boats is still pristine and it provides incredible view of nature. This beach is calm and peaceful adorned with rocks and embraced by pleasant waves. There is a temple on the rock is said to be 800 years old attracting attention of many visitors.
Nearest Airport/Railway: Calicut Airport (30km)/KozhikodeRailway Station (2 km).
- Varkala Beach: This beach is located 54 km apart from Thiruvananthapuram is one of the top five beaches in Kerala. The stunning beauty of this beach attracts many visitors across the Indian and world. This beach is an ideal holiday destination frequented by foreigners. Seeing sunset from here is very much famous. Main attractions of this beach are mineral water springs, the Sivagiri Mutt and a 2000 years old Vishnu Temple.
Nearest Airport/Railway: ThiruvananthapuramInternationalAirport(46 km)/ Varkala Railway Station.
- Beypore Beach: This beach is situated at the mouth of ChaliyarRiver. Beypore is one of the most important fishing harbors and ports of ancient Kerala. The main attraction of this place is 2 km long pathway built into the sea that was constructed with huge stones piled up together. Peacefulness and serenity of the beach along with a warm embrace of cold breeze makes this beach lovable to its visitors.
Nearest Airport/Railway: Karipur International Airport(23 km from kozhikode)/ Kozhikode Railway Station. (10 km