Hindu Temples in India,
Hindu Temples India
India is the land of temples and this incredible country is known for some temples which are worldwide famous and called as proud of India. Some of the world famous temples are mentioned below:
- Khajuraho Temples: The world famous and fascinating Temples of Khajuraho are situated in the state of Madhya Pradesh. Khajuraho Temples are divided in three parts: Southern Temples, Eastern Temples & Western Temples. Khajuraho Temples are world famous for their candid eroticism and delicate sensuality. The Khajuraho group of monuments has been listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and is considered to be one of the “seven wonders” of India.
- Konark Sun Temple: This temple is dedicated to the Surya Devta (Sun God). This temple is one of the most famous Hindu Temples in India and it is located in the state of Orissa.
- Meenakshi Temple: Another famous Hindu temple, Meenakshi Temple, is dedicated to God Shiva and his wife Parvati or Meenakshi. This famous Temple is located in Madurai, a city in the state of Tamil Nadu. This temple is famous worldwide for its grand architecture.
- Somnath Temple: One of the famous temples of Hindus is Somnath Temple. This temple is located in the state of Gujarat, the jewel of the west. This is one of the famous tourist destinations in India and known for the architecture worldwide.
- Akshardham Temple: The famous Akshardham Temples is located in Delhi, the capital city of India. This Temple attracts seventy percent of Delhi visitors. Akshardham boasts of being world’s largest comprehensive Hindu Temple in Guinness Book of World Records. This place is the center attraction of Delhi and very much famous among tourists.